Move back to avoid the hazard

Avoiding wetlands and their associated hazards as much as possible is usually the most efficient and cost effective response, especially when siting new development.

One of the most effective ways to ensure safety of an existing structure that is being threatened by erosion or flooding is to relocate the structure out of the hazardous area. Although moving back can be very effective in minimizing the hazard, it can be expensive. Costs vary from several thousand dollars to tens of thousands of dollars, and are based on the existing foundation of the structure, size of the structure, topography and geology, and distance the structure may need to be moved. Relocation of a structure can also be constrained by the size of a property and any applicable setbacks, such as from other existing structures, lot boundaries, or roadways.

When planning new development, review the Flood Insurance Rate Map for your proximity to a flood zone. It is easier to site new development away from the flood zone than to mitigate or rebuild later. If you are moving a structure, consider also elevating the structure at the same time. The National Flood Insurance Program insurance rates increase for a structure in a flood zone, but decrease if the structure is elevated. Contact the Maine Floodplain Management Programfor guidance.

As much as is practical with your building considerations, consider moving back to avoid some hazards. Consideration should also be given to significant habitat resources or environmentally sensitive areas, which are usually identified by municipal or state regulations.

Follow the steps below to gain the environmental and regulatory information needed for decision making. The steps are listed in general order although some steps may be conducted concurrently.

1) Contact local, state and/or federal regulatory officials. Individuals experienced with coastal regulations may not need to consult officials in all cases; however, if in doubt seek regulatory advice before proceeding with a project.

2) Obtain an environmental assessment from a certified engineer or other qualified professional with expertise in coastal geology and flood hazards. In most cases local, state, and/or federal regulators can help direct you to the best professional discipline to assist with your specific project. Sometimes it is helpful to have the consultant completing the environmental assessment and the construction contractor present at regulatory consultation meetings.

3) Evaluate your risk. Check your insurance coverage to make sure you have adequate liability coverage related to loss due to shoreline erosion or flooding, as well as flood insurance through the National Flood Insurance Program.

4) Develop a mitigation plan if professional and regulatory consultations result in a recommendation that you move structures to address coastal erosion or flooding concerns.

5) Be Neighborly. If the plan involves work at or near a property boundary, or if moving a structure may affect an abutter’s “viewshed,” consider sharing the plan with the abutter(s) to make sure they fully understand the work to be performed and the potential impact to their property. This consultation is a courtesy at this stage, and not a regulatory mandate; however, obtaining “buy in” from abutter(s) can potentially avoid neighbor disputes that may lead to costly permitting and/or construction delays.

6) Need a local permit? Share plans with local code enforcement in order to determine what, if any, town ordinances may need to be followed when moving structure, such as shoreland zoning.

7) Need a state permit? If the plan involves alterations below or within 75 feet of highest annual tide (HAT), within or adjacent to another protected natural resource as defined by the Maine Natural Resources Protection Act, or within a development permitted by the Site Location of Development Act, a state permit will likely be required. When possible, plan to meet standards of a permit-by-rule to simplify the state regulatory review process; otherwise an individual permit may be required. Alterations to a development or a lot within a development permitted under the Site Location of Development Act may require the revision or amendment of the development’s permit.

8) Need a federal permit? If the plan involves work below the highest annual tide (HAT) and/or in a freshwater wetland or habitat for endangered or threatened species, a federal permit(s) under the Federal Clean Water Act and Rivers and Harbors Act may be required. Share the plan with all applicable federal authorities in order to determine what permits may be necessary.

9) Hire qualified contractors who are experienced with the best practices associated with construction in or adjacent to natural resources.

xn xx pornhub youporn video porno hard سكس هواة filme porno porno espanol افلام سكس filme porno hd porno cuckold milf tube8 arab porn filme porno romanesti indian nri
VR reife Frauen Transen Pornos natursekt videos fickvideos schwule pornos haarige fotzen
incest videos amateur gay video gay Tube8
ethereum mining ethereum mining buy bitcoin